Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Craig Emmerich
Craig Emmerich graduated in Electrical Engineering who has spent the last 15 plus years researching nutrition and working with thousands of clients along side his wife Maria Emmerich. He is an international best selling author of the "Keto: The Complete Guide" and "The Carnivore Cookbook". He uses his knowledge of how our bodies work to help clients heal and lose weight leveraging their biology to make it easy.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Keto meets carnivore in this revolutionary new book by revered cookbook author and low-carb pioneer Maria Emmerich.
Did you know that our ancestors were apex predators who were even more carnivorous than hyenas and big cats? That was only about 30,000 years ago. But since then, our diets have drastically changed due to the invention of agriculture about 7,000 years ago and, within the last 100 years or so, the introduction of millions of food additives, the development of a year-round produce supply, and the hybridization of fruits and vegetables, making them higher in sugar and lower in nutrients. Carnivore Cookbook explores what our bodies were really designed to digest and gives compelling evidence that we were designed to be primarily meat-eaters.
In this book, you will learn why all plants come with a downside. Antinutrients are chemicals and compounds that act as natural pesticides or defenses for the plants against being eaten. Maria explains how antinutrients can rob your body of minerals and other nutrients and lead to autoimmune issues and leaky gut. There is even a protocol for healing autoimmune issues called the Carnivore Autoimmune Protocol: a detailed system for stepping you through the various levels of carnivorous eating to find the point where your body responds best and is symptom free. You will also learn which foods are the highest in nutrient density to help your body heal.
Carnivore Cookbook includes more than 100 tasty meat-focused recipes featuring innovative ways to add flavor and variety. There are even carnivore meal plans with grocery lists to make the diet easy to follow.
Craig and Maria Emmerich have partnered to write a book that goes well beyond the typical ketogenic recipes to create a book that digs deep into the science of ketogenic dieting, explains how dozens of diseases can be cured or controlled through ketogenic dieting, and how ketogenic diets are fueling a new breed of athlete.
The Keto Book is the definitive resource to the ketogenic lifestyle. Inside, you'll learn
- How cancer, obesity, metabolic syndrome, coronary artery disease, high cholesterol, Alzheimer's, dementia, ADHD, anxiety, and depression can all be beaten into submission by making some simple, yet impactful, changes to your diet.
- How cholesterol and diabetes medications could very well be making you sicker rather than better.
- How generations of bad advice—advice designed to sell sugar not health—has killed millions who blindly trusted the medical community and worse still, the government, to tell them the truth.
- How overconsumption of carbohydrates is both bad for your health and could be at the root of what ails you.
- How changing your inputs—the foods you eat—can change your outputs, meaning the quality of life that you live.
- How reductions in fat consumption have led to a tripling of diabetes patients, sharp increases in the number of cancer patients, increases in ADHD, and a meteoric rise in heart disease rates. If we are to assume that eliminating fat from our diets is the key to good health, why then are more and more people who’ve followed this advice dying from food-related diseases?
- How inflammation is at the root of many diseases, and how modern diets that are rife with sugar, carbs, and omega-6 oils are sending us to early graves.
- How hormones control mood swings, sex drive, blood sugar levels, muscle tone, fat-burning ability, metabolism, the immune system, and much more—and how adopting a ketogenic lifestyle will change your waistline and your life!
- How to stock your pantry with the right foods and make meal plans that are delicious, easy to follow, and most importantly, are the pathway to a longer, healthier life.
- How you can build muscle and perform your best on a low-carb, high-fat diet. No, we're not making that up!
So, enjoy that slab of bacon. Gnaw on that rib bone. And say "no" to that plate of "heart-healthy" pasta. New York Times bestselling author, Maria Emmerich and husband, Craig, are going to take you on a journey to a new life—one that helps you lose weight, build muscle, and live the life nature intended you to live!