Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Jennifer Segal
Once upon a time, Jenn Segal went to culinary school and worked in fancy restaurants. One marriage and two kids later she created Once Upon a Chef, the popular cooking blog that features tested and perfected recipes with approachable ingredients and step-by-step photos. With the authority of a professional chef and the practicality of a busy working mom, Jenn teaches readers how to improve their cooking skills one family-friendly recipe at a time. Jenn's recipes have been featured on numerous websites, magazines, and television programs, including The Huffington Post, WJLA's Good Morning Washington, FOX5DC, SeriousEats.com, and Parade.com. Before starting her blog, Jenn cooked at the acclaimed L'Auberge Chez Francois and was director of marketing for a prominent restaurant group, both in the Washington D.C. metro area. She now lives in Potomac, Maryland, with her husband and two children.
Customers Also Bought Items By
“Jennifer’s recipes are healthy, approachable, and creative. I literally want to make everything from this cookbook!”—Gina Homolka, author of The Skinnytaste Cookbook
Jennifer Segal, author of the blog and bestselling cookbook Once Upon a Chef, is known for her foolproof, updated spins on everyday classics. Meticulously tested and crafted with an eye toward both flavor and practicality, Jenn’s recipes hone in on exactly what you feel like making.
Here she devotes whole chapters to fan favorites, from Marvelous Meatballs to Chicken Winners, and Breakfast for Dinner to Family Feasts. Whether you decide on sticky-sweet Barbecued Soy and Ginger Chicken Thighs; an enlightened and healthy-ish take on Turkey, Spinach & Cheese Meatballs; Chorizo-Style Burgers; or Brownie Pudding that comes together in under thirty minutes, Jenn has you covered.
Become the favorite family chef with 100 tested, perfected, and family approved recipes.
The healthy cookbook for every meal of the day: Once upon a time, Jenn Segal went to culinary school and worked in fancy restaurants. One marriage and two kids later she created Once Upon a Chef, the popular blog that applies her tried and true chef skills with delicious, fresh, and approachable ingredients for family friendly meals. With the authority of a professional chef and the practicality of a busy working mom, Jenn shares 100 recipes that will up your kitchen game while surprising you with their ease.
• Helpful tips on topics such as how to season correctly with salt, how to balance flavors, and how to make the most of leftovers.
• Great recipes for easy weeknight family dinners kids will love, indulgent desserts, fun cocktails, exciting appetizers, and more.
• Jenn Segal is the founder of Once Upon a Chef, the popular blog showcasing easy, family friendly recipes from a chef's point of view. Her recipes have been featured on numerous websites, magazines, and television programs.
Fans of Chrissy Teigen, Skinnytaste, Pioneer Woman, Oh She Glows, Magnolia Table, and Smitten Kitchen will love Once Upon a Chef, the Cookbook.
With 100 tested, perfected, and family approved recipes with helpful tips and tricks to improve your cooking.
• Breakfast favorites like Maple, Coconut & Blueberry Granola and Savory Ham & Cheese Waffles
• Simple soups, salads and sandwiches for ideal lunches like the Fiery Roasted Tomato Soup paired with Smoked Gouda & Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
• Entrées the whole family will love like Buttermilk Fried Chicken Tenders
• Tasty treats for those casual get togethers like Buttery Cajun Popcorn and Sweet, Salty & Spicy Pecans
• Go to sweets such as Toffee Almond Sandies and a Classic Chocolate Lover's Birthday Cake