Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
Customers Also Bought Items By
Start a thriving garden with the beginner's guide to raised bed gardening
Are you interested in creating a bountiful garden but worried that you don’t have enough space? Raised-Bed Gardening for Beginners shows you how simple it can be to plan, build, and grow your own raised-bed garden in whatever space is available. Learn to build your bed, select the right plants, create herbal medicine, and much more, making it easy for even inexperienced gardeners to serve up freshly picked vegetables and herbs in no time.
Plant a flourishing garden in minimal space with:
- An introduction to raised-bed gardening―From constructing a planting box to mixing and maintaining soil, step-by-step instructions make getting started easy.
- Beginner’s guidance―Help your garden thrive with detailed suggestions for crop rotation, partner planting, and seed starting.
- 30 Easy-to-grow greens―Full profiles plus growing and harvesting tips on beginner-friendly plants make choosing the right ones for your garden a cinch.
Take your gardening to the next level with this guide to raised-bed gardening.
Everything you need to grow a thriving garden in containers
Whether you’re on a budget, live in a small space, or simply want to raise a new plant or two, container gardening is a practical method for urban and suburban gardeners alike. Container Gardening for Beginners is packed with information and advice for using different types of containers to grow your own vegetables, herbs, fruits, and flowers.
Learn how to get started, from gathering the tools you’ll need to choosing the right container and soil mix. Once you’ve covered the basics, you’ll get advice on what you should plant and when, when to water and how, and finally, how you can successfully grow and harvest your crop.
Container Gardening for Beginners includes:
- Step-by-step guidance—Find detailed gardening guidance from start to finish, including things to know before you grow, how to start seeds, plant care and maintenance tips, and how to tell when your crop is ripe.
- Basic best practices—Grow happy, healthy plants with expert gardening insights to set you up for success, from making sure your container is properly sized to regularly fertilizing your soil.
- Illustrated plant profiles—Choose the right plants for you with info on the particular needs and characteristics of 30 different fruits, vegetables, herbs, and flowers.
Start and sustain a flourishing container garden with help from the practical advice in Container Gardening for Beginners.