Andy De Santis RD MPH
Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Andy De Santis RD MPH
Andy De Santis RD MPH is a private practice dietitian from Toronto, Ontario who also holds a Master's degree in public health nutrition from the University Of Toronto Dalla Lana School Of Public Health. He started his career at Diabetes Canada before shifting into a career centered around private practice and health writing. Andy has been blogging on pivotal health topics for the last three years and has written for a wide variety of print and online platforms including newspapers and magazines. Although he has appeared on national TV in Canada, becoming a publish author is certainly the highlight of his career so far. When he isn't working or writing, Andy is probably enjoying a nice handful of raw kale or making people laugh on Instagram with his food-related humour.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Andy De Santis RD MPH
Lose weight and lower your blood pressure with a DASH diet and exercise plan
Learn how to better manage your weight by combining the naturally balanced DASH diet with simple but effective lifestyle changes. Featuring a full meal plan as well as guides for exercise, dealing with stress, and even improving your sleep, this standout among diet books for weight loss gives you the tools for long-term health.
This DASH diet guide includes:
- A 28-day plan―Skip the research and guesswork with a complete overview of the DASH diet and weeks of guided meals, with simple tips and instructions to get you started.
- A holistic approach―Stay on course with exercise charts and habit trackers that let you record your progress and see where you’re succeeding and where you need a little help.
- Tasty recipes—Going DASH doesn’t mean giving up your favorites. Learn health-conscious ways to whip up everything from Crispy Fish Sandwiches to Sweet Potato Pancakes.
Live your healthiest life with this complete guide to the DASH diet.
A fresh and quick approach to help manage GERD
Discover a tasty and fuss-free solution to relieving Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). This easy acid reflux cookbook offers a nutritionally sound approach to preventing, managing, and fighting back against the symptoms of GERD. Change the way you think about eating with 100 simple, delicious limited-ingredient recipes, and learn to manage reflux symptoms with a practical, long-term approach that includes food guidelines.
This standout among acid reflux cookbooks includes:
- A full range of recipes―From Pumpkin Pancakes to Skirt Steak with Blackberry Thyme Sauce, find delicious, GERD-friendly recipes that are sure to satisfy.
- Cooking made simple―Keep things simple as you choose from 100 5-ingredient dishes that are easy to make and use commonly found ingredients.
- Daily eating advice―Get a handy list that summarizes foods that you can eat with gusto and those you should minimize to soothe your discomfort.
If you suffer from GERD, try this path to relief through easy, healing recipes.
Fasting for weight loss—a simple, effective, and satisfying plan for your health
Fasting is a practice with ancient roots, and its health benefits are enjoyed by people all over the world. Discover the benefits for yourself with The 21-Day Intermittent Fasting Weight Loss Plan. This easy-to-follow plan, complete with healthy recipes, shows you how to begin your intermittent fasting practice—and how regular breaks from food can support your health and weight loss goals.
Learn more about the science of intermittent fasting and why this dynamic tool can help you lose weight and improve your quality of life. Explore three daily and three weekly intermittent fasting types, each between 12 and 36 hours long, and find out how to implement them for your unique body and lifestyle. This complete guide even includes a wide variety of nourishing recipes for breakfast, soups and salads, veggie and meat mains, snacks, and fast-friendly drinks.
The 21-Day Intermittent Fasting Weight Loss Plan includes:
- Customizable choices—The flexible 21-day fasting plan includes weekly schedules for each of the six intermittent fasting styles, giving you plenty of ways to mix and match.
- 75+ flavorful recipes—Stay nourished with wholesome recipes like Fresh Pea & Mint Soup with Greek Yogurt, Honey Sesame Salmon with Bok Choy, Blueberry-Green Tea Smoothie, and many more.
- Plan to get moving—A variety of cardio and bodyweight exercises with easy-to-follow illustrations help you combine intermittent fasting and physical activity for better results.
Embrace fasting and enjoy your meals more than ever with The 21-Day Intermittent Fasting Weight Loss Plan.
Start your journey to better liver health
Did you know that it’s possible to control and even reverse fatty liver disease? This comprehensive guide empowers you to make simple dietary and lifestyle changes that will help heal your liver and leave you feeling great.
What sets this fatty liver cookbook and diet guide apart:
- Learn all about your liver—Understand the liver’s unique functions, the causes and complications of fatty liver disease, and the building blocks of a liver-friendly diet.
- Delicious dishes—Wake up with a Coconut Citrus Smoothie, snack on Barbecue Roasted Chickpeas, or enjoy a hearty dinner of Juicy Turkey Sliders using recipes packed with ingredients your liver will love.
- Strategies for success—Easily alter your diet with help from a seven-day meal plan, smart shopping tips, and advice on the best way to satisfy cravings.
Discover how simple it can be to adjust your eating habits and improve your health with The Essential Diet for Fatty Liver.
Reduce LDLs and leftovers—low cholesterol recipes for two
If you are one of the millions dealing with high cholesterol, this book can remove some concerns from your plate. Filled with simple, satisfying recipes, The Low-Cholesterol Cookbook for Two will make it easy to lower your cholesterol and improve your heart health—with a unique benefit. This low cholesterol cookbook for two perfectly portions servings so you won’t have to deal with endless leftovers, waste time and ingredients, or recalculate measurements and serving sizes. It’s a win for your wallet and your waistline.
Tasty recipes like Dutch Cinnamon Pancakes and Chimichurri-Rubbed Chicken are made with familiar and affordable ingredients. Whether you are a wingman or on a co-mission to better heart health, this low cholesterol cookbook is proof that when it comes to fighting high cholesterol, two is better than one.
This low cholesterol cookbook includes:
- Cholesterol 101—Understand cholesterol with a crash course in the science and execution of dietary heart health.
- Keep your favorites—Low cholesterol doesn’t mean a taste tradeoff—this low cholesterol cookbook built for two includes heart-friendly versions of your favorite meals.
- Prep is key—Make planning easy. This low cholesterol cookbook provides a full list of what to stock and how to stay on track—you can’t eat what you don’t have.
Ditch unhealthy foods and put your health on the right track with this low cholesterol cookbook.
Pescatarian heart health made fast and easy.
The Easy 5-Ingredient Pescatarian Cookbook is a collection of 75 delicious recipes that only require about 5 main ingredients, meaning you can prepare them inexpensively and in a flash. “Pescatarian” describes a diet based on fish, along with other nutritional powerhouses like vegetables and grains. It’s especially healthy for your heart, and even associated with a longer lifespan when you adopt it for the long term.
This pescatarian cookbook makes it easy, bringing you the science-based knowledge you need to develop a delicious and comprehensive pescatarian diet the right way, instead of just “eating more fish.” The recipes are fast, simple, and satisfying, so it’s no trouble at all to whip up weeknight specialties that your whole family will love.
Dive into a pescatarian cookbook featuring:
- Fresh or frozen—Lots of these dishes can be made with frozen and canned seafood so it’s easy to accommodate your time and budget.
- Staples and essentials—A pescatarian cookbook for a pescatarian kitchen; learn about stocking all the right tools and ingredients (and how to use them).
- Beyond the sea—This pescatarian cookbook includes an array of recipes that don’t include fish at all, exclusively featuring the tasty benefits of legumes, nuts, seeds, and fruit.
The Easy 5-Ingredient Pescatarian Cookbook is the answer to making better, healthier eating easy.
Eat well with easy, tempting dishes to manage your type 2 diabetes
A diabetes diagnosis often means changing your diet—but doing so doesn’t have to be difficult or boring. The 30-Minute Type 2 Diabetes Cookbook is full of nutritious dishes that utilize basic ingredients and require minimal prep, allowing you to eat healthy and manage your diabetes symptoms without spending a ton of time in the kitchen.
- 75 scrumptious recipes—From sizzling Mongolian-Inspired Beef to a succulent Salmon Po’boy, feast on a range of fast, simple recipes that are light on carbs and sugar but big on flavor.
- Overview of type 2 diabetes—Learn the connection between diabetes and diet, including the role of blood sugar, insulin, and the glycemic index.
- Strategies for success—Sticking to your new diet is made easier with tips for stocking your pantry with nutritious staples, suggestions for “make ahead” meals, and healthy ways to satisfy your cravings.
Transform your diet and take control of your health with the 30-Minute Type 2 Diabetes Cookbook.
Meet your macro goals with recipes designed just for men
If you want to burn fat and build muscle, you need to properly balance your fat, carb, and protein intake. Otherwise, it’s going to be harder and take longer to hit your desired goals. This cookbook delivers the straightforward guidance and flavorful dishes you need to achieve results.
What sets this macro cookbook apart:
- Introductory meal plans—Start things off with a trio of weeklong meal plans customized to help reduce fat, gain muscle, or work on both at the same time.
- No experience necessary—From satisfying breakfasts to hearty dinners, discover 65 macro-focused recipes perfect for new and experienced home cooks alike.
- Sample workouts—Maximize the effectiveness of your new, macro-balanced diet with suggested exercise routines for weight loss, strength training, and cardio.
Transform your health through better eating with this healthy eating cookbook for men.
Heart healthy cooking is easy and delicious with 5-ingredient recipes
Supporting your heart’s health is fast and flavorful with The 5-Ingredient Heart Healthy Cookbook. Find expert guidance for maintaining a heart healthy diet, along with 101 ultra-simple recipes that focus on fresh, whole-food ingredients and enhancing flavor with spices.
- 5-ingredient dishes—Minimal ingredients mean less time in the kitchen, fewer trips to the store, and instructions that are simple enough for home cooks of any skill level.
- Comprehensive advice—Take control of your health with a heart healthy cookbook that covers key topics like the science behind fats and cholesterol.
- A combination diet—Support your heart with an approach that draws from multiple healthy diets, including Mediterranean, DASH, veganism, and the Portfolio diet.
Reform your diet while still eating delicious meals, with a hearty healthy cookbook that guides you through everything you need to know.
30-Minute meals for lower blood pressure—the DASH diet made easy
Adopting a low-sodium diet may feel like a challenge, but this supportive cookbook will make your transition to the DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) as enjoyable as it is rewarding. With a straightforward overview of the diet, 90 delicious recipes that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less, and a 21-day meal plan, the 30-Minute DASH Diet Cookbook is for anyone looking to lower their blood pressure through flavorful, easy to prepare food.
Make the DASH diet work for you, with:
- Familiar favorites—The DASH diet limits sodium but encourages all the staples like fruits, vegetables, lean meats, nuts, and whole grains, so you can still enjoy hearty classics like Shrimp Pad Thai and Shredded Chicken Tacos.
- 3 Weeks of 30-minute meals—Jump fearlessly into the DASH diet with help from this book’s 21-day meal plan, complete with weekly shopping lists and an emphasis on utilizing leftovers and similar ingredients across recipes.
- A fresh approach to flavor—Find a variety of homemade seasonings, sauces, and recipes, packed with flavors that rely on ingredients like herbs and spices rather than fats and salt.
The 30-Minute DASH Diet Cookbook is your guide to losing weight and lowering blood pressure—simply and deliciously.
Ease into a low sodium diet with 100 recipes and a 4-week meal plan for cooking well at home
If you’ve recently switched to a low sodium diet to improve your health, learning how to properly eat, shop, and cook without sacrificing taste can seem overwhelming. Low Sodium Cookbook for Beginners will make the journey easier with a 4-week meal plan and 100 easy-to-follow recipes that put flavor at the forefront.
This low sodium cookbook helps you keep track of your sodium intake, learn to replace common high-sodium foods with healthier alternatives, and learn how to prepare low sodium meals you’ll actually enjoy.
Low Sodium Cookbook for Beginners helps you:
- Practice low-sodium habits—Find tips for how to watch what you eat at restaurants, choose your condiments wisely, eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, decipher food labels, and be cautious with canned goods.
- Phased-down sodium intake—This low sodium cookbook will allow your taste buds to adjust to your new healthy diet with a meal plan that reduces sodium week by week.
- Comprehensive diet advice—Get a handle on comorbidities like kidney disease, hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, and heart disease with nutritional calculations that account for potassium, carbs, saturated fat, and protein levels.
Low Sodium Cookbook for Beginners shows you how delicious it can be to live a low sodium life.