Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
Customers Also Bought Items By
Epic and idyllic, Norway is a country of contrasts.
Whether you want to hike around 'the Home of the Giants' in Jotunheimen, hit the slopes at Hafjell or hunker down in a remote cabin, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Norway has to offer.
With its dramatic coastline, unspoiled mountain ranges and phenomenal fjords, Norway is home to some of Europe's most spectacular landscapes. While adventure awaits in the wilderness, the cosmopolitan cities offer superlative museums, world-class cuisine and cutting-edge architecture.
Our recently updated guide brings Norway to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country's iconic buildings and neighbourhoods.
- our pick of the Norway's must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the country easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around and stay safe
- colour-coded chapters to every part of Norway, from Vestlandet to Sørlandet, Telemark to Trøndelag
- our new lightweight format, so you can take it with you wherever you go
Travelling around Scandinavia? Try our DK Eyewitness Sweden and DK Eyewitness Denmark.
Whether you want to adventure like a Viking, sample cutting-edge cuisine in Copenhagen, or practice the art of hygge, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Denmark has to offer.
Effortlessly cool and bursting with charisma, Denmark is synonymous with stylish design, modern art and progressive politics. From the captivating cities to the far-flung corners, each region of Denmark boasts its own distinct personality guaranteed to enthral visitors.
Our recently updated guide brings Denmark to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country's iconic buildings and neighbourhoods.
-our pick of Denmark's must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
-the best spots to eat, drink, shop, and stay
-detailed maps and walks which make navigating the country easy
-expert advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
-colour-coded chapters to every part of Denmark, including Copenhagen, Northwestern Zealand, Southern Zealand and the Islands, Funen, Southern and Central Jutland, Northern Jutland, Bornholm and Greenland and the Faroe Islands
-our new lightweight format, so you can take it with you wherever you go
Want the best of Copenhagen in your pocket? Try out DK Eyewitness Top 10 Copenhagen for top 10 lists to all things Copenhagen.
Pocket Rough Guide Copenhagen
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
Entertaining, informative and stylish pocket guide.
Part of our UEFA Euro 2020 guidebook series. If you're planning to visit Parken Stadium in Copenhagen to watch Euro 2020 matches, then this pocket guidebook provides all the information you need to make the most of your trip, from ready-made itineraries to help you explore the city when you're not at the game, to essential advice about getting around.
Discover the best of Copenhagen with this compact and entertaining pocket travel guide. This slim, trim treasure trove of trustworthy travel information is ideal for short-trip travellers and covers all the key sights (The Little Mermaid statue, Nationalmuseet, Nyhavn harbour, Torvehallerne food hall, Tivoli), restaurants, shops, cafés and bars, plus inspired ideas for day-trips, with honest and independent recommendations from our experts.
Features of this travel guide to Copenhagen:
- Compact format: packed with practical information, this is the perfect travel companion when you're out and about exploring Copenhagen
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most of your trip
- Incisive area-by-area overviews: covering Tivoli, Rådhuspladsen, Strøget, Slotsholmen, Nyhavn and more, the practical 'Places' section provides all you need to know about must-see sights and the best places to eat, drink and shop
- Handy pull-out map: with every major sight and listing highlighted, the pull-out map makes on-the-ground navigation easy
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Day-trips: venture further afield to forested Dyrehaven (Deer Park) or Malmö, just across the water in Sweden. This tells you why to go, how to get there, and what to see when you arrive
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, health, tourist information, festivals and events, plus an A-Z directory and handy language section and glossary
- Attractive user-friendly design: features fresh magazine-style layout, inspirational colour photography and colour-coded maps throughout
- Covers: Tivoli; Rådhuspladsen; Strøget; The Inner City; Slotsholmen; Nyhavn; Frederiksstaden; Parkmuseerne; Christianshavn; Holmen; Vesterbro; Frederiksberg; Nørrebro; Østerbro
Travelling on to Sweden? Try The Rough Guide to Sweden for an informative and entertaining look at all the country has to offer.
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.
Get your passport ready and your holiday planner out! This book has over 100 destinations to choose from, brought to life through stunning photography.
Maybe you want to know the finest place to go to in June, or you want to know the best time of year to witness a natural wonder, enjoy a festival, or go on an action-adventure. This book will help you plan the ultimate experience.
Each month of the year has a dedicated chapter, so you'll know the perfect travel destination for that time of year. Perhaps you are looking for a place to have a June honeymoon, a September wedding anniversary getaway, or a March birthday adventure: there are over 100 destinations listed to spark your vacation dreams.
Discover when to explore Costa Rica's rainforests, journey into the clouds in Nepal, sail between Croatia's cypress-clad islands, or gaze at the saw-toothed crags of Canada's Rocky Mountains. Learn about just the right moment to see the cherry blossoms bloom in Japan, or the reindeer in Lapland. Maybe you want to know when you can visit the Hawaiian island of Kaua'i or the ruins of ancient Lycia all to yourself?
Vibrant photographs bring these destinations a little bit closer to home so you can imagine yourself there. There's a stimulating narrative describing the glorious locations and activities. This coffee table book has tips to help you plan your holiday, with helpful information such as the closest international airports, how to get around, and the average temperature for the month. Just in case you can't make it that month, the book includes another month that is equally pleasant and worthwhile.
Unforgettable trips for every month
This book has everything you need to choose an exciting place to spend your vacation and the best possible time of year to go. You can find the perfect place to visit no matter when you want to travel, so you can create and collect special memories. This book makes a wonderful wedding gift, with many honeymoon ideas.
Let us be your travel guide!
- Holiday destinations, month by month.
- Glorious photos to inspire you.
- Helpful narrative to imagine being there yourself.