Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Sara Mellas
Sara Mellas is a cookbook author, recipe developer, food stylist, and culinary host. Holding advanced degrees in music history, opera, and education, Sara worked professionally as a conductor and music teacher for many years, until she realized she could turn her aptitude for grocery shopping into a career.
Sara is the author of The Easy Baked Donut Cookbook, The One-Pot Casserole Cookbook (August 2020), and The Quick and Easy Breakfast Cookbook (September 2020). An over-competitive baker, she won the 2018 Kellogg’s Holiday Baking Championship and the 2019 and 2018 Guittard Chocolate Passion Contest.
Sara’s approach to food is fresh, colorful, and a little whimsical, with a focus on whole ingredients and seasonality. She strives to create reliable recipes for cooks and bakers of all skill levels, resulting in dishes that are as delicious to eat as they are beautiful to look at. When not in the kitchen or doing something musical, Sara enjoys training for NPC physique competitions, riding horses, and indulging in every stand up comedy special the Internet has to offer.
Sara was raised in New England, spent many years in San Francisco, and now lives in Nashville, TN with her one-year-old oven and three-year-old stand mixer.
For more, visit www.saramellas.com and follow along on Instagram @sara.mellas.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Sara Mellas
The deliciously easy donut cookbook for heavenly homemade baked donuts
Who doesn’t love a good donut? From sugared or sprinkled to frosted or filled, donuts are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and sweeten your day. The best part is you don’t need to fuss with frying to whip up these fun, flavorful treats at home. The Easy Baked Donut Cookbook shows you how mouthwatering—and mess-free—donuts can be right from your oven or donut maker, providing plenty of tried-and-true tricks and tasty recipes for beautifully baked donuts, donut holes, mini donuts, and more.
From sweet staples, such as Old-Fashioned Cake Donuts to creative savory bakes like Jalapeno-Cheddar Cornbread Donuts, this donut cookbook serves you dozens of delightfully simple recipes to match every craving, along with perfectly paired frostings, glazes, and toppings.
The Easy Baked Donut Cookbook includes:
- (Do)nuts and bolts—Learn the ins and outs of baking with foolproof advice on mastering measurements, knowing your oven, time-saving shortcuts, and tons of troubleshooting tips.
- Time to make the donuts—This donut cookbook offers dozens of step-by-step recipes for cake and yeasted donuts—including holiday-ready Gingerbread Donuts, and even drool-worthy Doggie Donuts for your pup!
- Hole new world—You’ll find donuts for every season and reason in this donut cookbook with easy recipes for donut holes, pops, and other donut-inspired desserts, like Coffee and Donuts Trifle and Quick and Easy Beignets.
From classic Old-Fashion Donuts to dunk in your morning coffee to fun Pizza Donuts your kids will love, Easy Baked Donut Cookbook has everything you need to whip up bakery-worthy baked donuts—no fryer required.
Classic casserole comfort comes home—75 easy, tasty one-pot recipes
Nothing beats the authentic taste of a piping-hot, home-cooked casserole straight from the oven. With The One-Pot Casserole Cookbook, you can make oodles of delicious dishes in a snap using whole food ingredients and a single baking dish, a cast-iron skillet, or a Dutch oven.
From Country Biscuits and Gravy Skillet to Extra-Creamy Macaroni and Cheese, this one-pot casserole cookbook gives you everything you need to get started, including casserole basics; storing, freezing, and reheating advice; time-saving tips; and more. After a few simple steps, you can be serving up hot and hearty casseroles stuffed with meat, cheese, vegetables, pasta, and rice. Let’s get casserolling!
The One-Pot Casserole Cookbook delivers:
- 75 Easy recipes—Discover dozens of mouthwatering meals, sides, and desserts with minimal prep that come together in a single dish for super convenient cleanup.
- Modern approach—Get complete nutritional information for each whole-food recipe in this casserole cookbook that uses minimally processed ingredients.
- Crowd pleasers—Learn essential tips for making crowd-pleasing casseroles for groups of people.
The comfort of homemade casseroles meets the ease of one-pot cooking in The One-Pot Casserole Cookbook.
As the title promises, the recipes in Pretty Easy Thanksgiving are easy to recreate at home and have been tested to ensure a delicious final product that looks pretty on the table. Perfectly roasted turkey, hearty potato dishes, homemade fresh green bean casserole, and pies worth saving room for are just some of the enticing recipes featured in this book. Included are simple tips on how to make the dishes ahead of time, so Thanksgiving Day can be spent sharing time with family and friends, and enjoying all the delicious food!