Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Lauren O'Connor MS RDN
Lauren O'Connor, MS, RDN is a Los Angeles private-practice dietitian specializing in Acid Reflux/GERD diet therapy. She uses her culinary background to help her clients explore delicious foods/combinations suitable for healing. She is married to a location manager (and former private chef) and is raising twin daughters who share an interest in food and cooking.
As a recipe developer, Lauren has several recipes published in Food & Nutrition magazine and maintains a blog entitled Nutri Savvy Health. Her hobbies include singing, ballet, yoga and cardio fitness; and she especially enjoys traveling and hiking through nature with her family.
Customers Also Bought Items By
A practical guide to the alkaline diet, complete with delicious recipes and a meal plan
The alkaline diet has been touted for its many potential health benefits, including weight loss, reduced blood pressure, and relief from acid reflux. In The Healthy Alkaline Diet Guide, registered dietitian Lauren O’Connor gets straight to the nutrition facts, laying out what makes this diet a healthy and sustainable choice for the long term.
This compact guide covers everything you’ll need to know to start a whole-food, plant-based alkaline diet, including a comprehensive list of what to eat, real talk about supplements, and 50 easy, delicious recipes that will have you feeling great.
Inside The Healthy Alkaline Diet Guide, you’ll find:
- A complete meal plan―Discover 3 weeks of pre-planned meals to make your transition to the diet as easy as possible.
- At-a-glance charts―Explore extensive charts to help you quickly and easily identify acid- and alkaline-forming foods.
- A sustainable approach―Learn more about the 80/20 rule and how this eating plan helps keep an alkaline diet realistic, accessible, and achievable.
Start balancing your body’s chemistry and improving your health with The Healthy Alkaline Diet Guide.
Everything you need to create healthy, delicious meals for one
Cooking healthy meals for yourself is easier said than done, but this cookbook for one simplifies it for you. The Healthy Cooking for One Cookbook is a standout among cooking for one cookbooks, with strategies and recipes that make it a cinch to prepare nutritious, properly scaled meals.
This practical entry into cooking for one cookbooks includes:
- Beginner-friendly guidance—Explore guidelines and pointers for healthy cooking, learn how to grocery shop for one, and find tricks for reducing food waste.
- Recipes for one—Cook for yourself without worrying about abundant leftovers, a pile of dirty dishes, or recipe conversions.
- Budget-friendly meals—Eat healthy without breaking the bank or spending hours in the kitchen, with dishes that utilize affordable ingredients and require minimal prep.
- A sample menu—Get inspired with a week’s worth of healthy, pre-planned meals to start you off.
- A focus on health—Unlike many other cooking for one cookbooks, this one has nutritional calculations and dietary labels that help you choose foods tailored to your health goals.
Look no further for cooking for one cookbooks that help simplify healthy eating—the Healthy Cooking for One Cookbook is the only one you need for success.
Get in the habit of healthy eating with vibrant homemade meals
Filling your plate with wholesome, unprocessed ingredients creates a rainbow of possibilities and flavors—and it’s easy to do. This complete healthy cookbook shows you how, with recipes, tips, and nutrition information that explains how to build a balanced diet. Find guidance for including fruits, veggies, whole grains, and lean proteins in dishes for every meal, so you can enjoy the health benefits of nourishing ingredients and learn how to make them taste incredible.
- Natural flavors—From smoothies and stir-fry to spiced chicken and seared fish, the recipes in this healthy cookbook are designed to enhance the flavors of natural foods with homemade sauces, healthy dressings, and spices.
- Quick, simple, and varied—Find 30-minute and one-pot meals to accommodate every busy schedule, or choose dishes based on dietary preferences such as vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free.
- Easy meal plans—This healthy cookbook includes meal plans for preparing recipes in advance, so they’re ready to eat anytime.
- Realistic and accessible—Create a healthy lifestyle that’s enjoyable to maintain with meals that are nutritious, full of flavor, and made with familiar ingredients.
Discover how easy and delicious eating right can be with the ultimate healthy cookbook.
Enjoy easy, heart-healthy meals thanks to the power of the Instant Pot
Heart-smart eating doesn’t have to mean spending hours in the kitchen to serve up bland dishes. From roasted meats and hearty stews to vegetarian plates and naturally sweet treats, these Instant Pot recipes make it quick and convenient to create nutritious, flavorful meals in just a few simple steps.
What sets this heart-healthy cookbook apart:
- Heart health 101—No matter your reason for following a heart-healthy diet, get advice that helps you properly stock your kitchen, balance your meals, and more.
- Instant Pot basics—Find out how to take full advantage of the Instant Pot’s many features with a complete beginner’s guide and handy FAQs.
- 75 tasty recipes—Discover a range of exciting options for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, and desserts.
Take care of your heart and your taste buds with this top choice in Instant Pot cookbooks.