To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness.
After reading multiple reviews of similar products with warnings they did not work with windows 10, I specifically chose this product because it clearly states it works with windows 10. When it arrived the box does not list windows 10 as one of the compatible operating systems and indeed it did not work. Completely useless to me, false advertising, very disappointing.
I've slowly been collecting floppy disks from people around me as they've been getting rid of old stuff. I got this drive to hopefully read or make some use of the things.
When I insert the disks there is a 90% chance that it will not work. the other 10% of the time it will crash my file explorer if I click on the directory. My floppies are quite varied and all in good condition save for a few which I did not insert. This product is completely useless for reading or writing disks. I am running Windows 10 for those who are wondering.
The product works as advertised in a usb 2.0 port. But it was a bit tricky. Windows 10 64bit didnt show the drive in the file explorer. So at first I taught It was defective. I pushed my investigation further and Windows device manager was showing the drive alright, as a floppy disk drive. But the drive wouldn't show in disk management or any program. I decided to open a cmd window to check wether I could switch to therive through A:. Ir worked :) yay!!! So in the end I determined that the prduct has a very basic bios, but I could be mistaking about that. But anyways, since it showed in cmd window, I went back to file explorer and typed A: in the top bar, BINGO, the drive is visible now, but if I close the file explorer and reopen, it is gone again :( but typing A: did brinh it back. To remedy this odd behaviour I pinned a shortcht to it to the start menu, so if I want to access it I just click on it. I made all the troubleshooting and hope this will help you if you ever run into the same issue. Its alive !!!! And working as advertised. Time will tell if its reliable, but I'm sure it is.
Was doing some purging of my office and found some floppy disks which none of my computers could read anymore. Ordered this for my windows 10 machine. Arrived in estimated time, plugged in a d worked perfectly! Was so happy to get those files off of my rediscovered floppy disks!