Top critical review
One of the worst
Reviewed in Australia on 9 March 2020
Have it installed and running in my home for about 2 months, so far good and bad:
1. signal coverage is really good and decent, even 5G signal con be determined with 3 walls in between and bandwidth still acceptable.
2. 5G performance is really great, I can enjoy average 45Mbps NBN downlink, 18Mbps uplink speed constantly (NBN50 plan) when within 2 meters distance, and about 80% speed within 5 meters (even with a wall)
3. 2.4G performance really sucks, time-to-time it just jammed with nothing happens even the signal is great. this is the first time I've experienced on a flagship router, also the downlink speed is about 80~90% compare to 5G band regardless where.
4. Tested WIFI6 with Mi10 Pro, sounds like no different.
5. GB wired connection is good, I can easily reach 960Mbps for large file copy from HDD to HDD, so quite happy with it.
6. The router works quite weird, originally it's still ok no major issue, but now, every day, there's time either no 2.4G connection or no 5G connection at all, though when I check the router status, it always says everything is fine other than just no device connected to the band, the only way to solve it is a reboot (BTW, I've just managed to upgrade the firmware which claimed to have a boost on WIFI robustness, but it turned out nothing happened to me)
Overall, without a stable WIFI connection, why bother all the rest. And don't expect the manage layer or mobile app can give you much help, it just offers every limited feature. And to summarize this is the worst so-called flagship WIFI router I've ever used. don't try it. It just doesn't worth the money. Or should someone want it, I can sell you at no more than half of my buying price.