Top critical review
Don't buy this, Dead after 3 months. Fire risk, poorly designed and manufactured.
Reviewed in Australia on 23 October 2020
Don't buy this product, its poorly designed. Dead after 3 months, reason - cant stand the heat.
I pulled it apart to investigate the issue and found the following:
1. No weatherproofing at all. Not suitable for outdoors. Components will corrode with rain.
2. Battery is lithium, which means if you live in Australia and put it outdoors, it wont last due to the heat.
3. Circuit is poorly designed, in that they have chosen some incorrect resistor values which result in the control circuits receiving too much amps resulting in critical components getting too hot while running (120deg C). This has resulted in failure of the control circuits (lights now only activate for 1 second before shutting down) and overcharging the lithium battery (up to 5v).
Dumb luck is the only reason why this didn't catch fire.