To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness.
- the app receives regular updates which means these sensors are now able to trigger other Eufy devices, like your camera system. For eg: Open door 1 --> camera at door 1 starts recording + camera alarm sounds *note: As of 23 Jul 2020, the app cannot apply these trigger instructions ('automation' on the Eufy app) to a schedule. I hope this will be a thing in the near future, where I can have different active automation lists during different times of the day.
- the device has both 'chirp' (door bell functionality) as well as an 'intruder' alarm function; this can be set independently according to a time schedule (possibly also geofencing, but this is something I have not used) *it should be noted that all the alarms/chirps sound from the Homebase, not the sensor itself.
- compared to the cheap (non smart) door sensors, you can turn off the alarm from your phone as opposed to having to press a button or flick a switch directly on the sensor itself
Cons: - the sensor itself does not alarm
- provided with a non-rechargeable battery (I have been told by support staff that you should be able to put in a rechargeable CR123A battery in the device without issues)
- a minor thing, but the plastic protecting the adhesive on my units was very hard to remove without risking pulling off the adhesive completely from the unit - so please do be careful when removing the plastic
Things to note: - Customer service from Eufy (Australia) has been very good - As mentioned before, automation capabilities cannot be used in a scheduled manner as of yet (23 Jul 2020).
Final thoughts: Because the app is receiving continual support, I have high hopes that the functionality will continue to improve. There are some minor cons and unexpected aspects, primarily the sensor itself not having any alarm function and that the battery is not rechargeable (given the price, I do think this should have been included). Overall, the product is fairly simple but its smart functionalities through its integration with the application makes it an effective tool for your Eufy system.
There is a motion sensor coming out which I am keen to see if it is any good as the Eufy cameras do have a limited sensor range relative to what the camera can actually see.
I bought this for the garage roller door and had to rig it so it works. If you're buying for a window or a normal door it's perfectly fine. The battery last forever almost and the notifications are immediate.
The sensor works well and is very easy to install and integrates with the home base 2 system quickly. Great addition to their range of products for sale in Australia. Only downside is that the system as a whole loses wifi connectivity temporarily the more devices you add. Something for them to address through updates.