To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness.
The touchscreen is very clunky and unresponsive and only stays lit up briefly, requiring a quick double press of the power button to re-activate it. This in itself is problematic because if you fail the press the button quickly enough, the unit will go into silent mode. Navigating between songs/albums is difficult 1. Because of the unresponsive screen and 2. Because the screen is so small. It's easy to hit the wrong icon on the screen. Battery life is terrible. There are no warnings when battery life is getting low - the unit just shuts down. Lastly, the second time I used the device it froze and wouldn't even shutdown manually - I had to wait for the battery to expire. Frankly, 2 stars is generous
Firstly, I am a massive Fiio fan and I have several high end Fiio players. I bought this as I wanted something smaller for when I am out and about with my dogs. The good - audio is excellent as is generally the case with this company. The player is very small which was my reason for the purchase. The bad - there is no battery indicator so you are constantly guessing how much you have left. Despite all its big brothers having terrific user interface, this is appalling. You can't rename playlists, if you are on now playing you have to keep swiping left to get to the home menu. If you go to the now playing screen you can't swipe left for cover art view etc. But worse of all, the battery life is appalling. I get no more than three hours playtime on a full charge. When in sleep mode it will not reconnect to Bluetooth headphones / earbuds unless you manually wake it. This has never been the case on any media player I have purchased. If Fiio could release a firmware update to rectify all these niggles, it would be a superb little player. But it is just too annoying and coupled with the poor battery is enough for me to give up on it.
The sound produced by this unit and the bluetooth connectivity is impressive. The included clip is good too, which is useful if you use it for exercise. However, the touchscreen is quite poor, some very vague responses to user actions. In particular the screen that shows the Play/Pause and Track Back & Forwards screen, the forwards button never works, the back does occasionally. If using this for exercise then there's a chance you could get sweaty and if this affects you fingertips, forget using this thing. Doesn't respond with slight finger dampness at all. Very disappointing if you're out in the middle of a run and want to navigate to a new track. To cap it all it appears the initial good battery life is starting to degrade.
Bello davvero ma solo esteticamente. Utilizzato per 24 ore e mi si è bloccato una trentina di volte richiedendo il riavvio forzato del dispositivo. Testato con cuffie Audio Technica Ath-50x (38 ohm) ed il suono mi pare deludente poiché seppur molto dettagliato manca di profondità e le voci sembrano essere lontane e poco sostenute dai bassi. Ho anche provato ad usare altre cuffie meno impegnative (house of Marley, Senneisher, Hyper X 7.1) ma il risultato non mi ha convinto comunque. Anche con i miei auricolari Beats, anche se suonano leggermente meglio, non mi ha soddisfatto. Test effettuato solo con Flac di qualità a 24 bit. Si apprezza un miglioramento dell'audio ascoltando i brani a circa 1/3 del volume. Il bluetooth non funziona con l'impianto di serie sella mia auto. Per i motivi suddetti ho deciso di renderlo. Ho confrontato l'ascolto in cuffia con una scheda Sound Blaster Play3 (super economica) ed ho preferito quest'ultima.
Leider ist der Touchscreen sehr schwer zu bedienen. Man muss -zigmal die Bewegungen wiederholen, weil er oft nicht reagiert. Stattdessen schaltet sich das Display zwischendurch schnell aus. Das empfinde ich als sehr lästig. Da es diesbezüglich keine Beschreibung gibt, habe ich auch noch nicht herausgefunden, wie ich Datum und Uhrzeit verändern kann. Dies ist mir jedoch nicht so wichtig. Aber die erschwerte Bedienung finde ich sehr lästig. Ich würde dieses Gerät keinem empfehlen und bin sehr enttäuscht darüber.
I like this player and it has great sound, but my Bluetooth and that of many others has crapped out. FiiO has not solved this issue yet. So I do not recommend this product. I can still enjoy it with wired headphones, but whats the point of buying a BT player that doesn't BT??
diciamo che l 'articolo ha ottime potenzialità. Io l ho restituito poichè difettoso e/o malfunzionante. Non manteneva la memoria di impostazione quando la batteria si esauriva dovevo di nuovo reimpostare tutto . e la stessa durava solo 2 ore anziche 10more come previsto. verifichiamo le potenzialità quando mi arrivo il sostituto
This product looks like something that was barely subjected to alpha-testing. Its interface functionality is catastrophically bad. Once you force it to start playing music, it will play it fine. But everything else feels like a cruel joke.
(Most of my experience with this device is while playing FLAC files. Firmware 1.3.2.)
1. The device supports multiple user-interface languages. But even if you switch it to English, some hidden corners of its GUI will still contain text written in Chinese characters. For example, the third screen in the "Now Playing" section has Chinese text right in the center. AFAIK, it is lyrics screen and the text says "No lyrics". Go figure...
2. The device claims to support international languages in file names and file tags (like artist name, album name etc.) And it does seem to work properly with file names and MP3 file tags. However, the very same international text in FLAC file tags is displayed as garbled Chinese characters. Why? How is it even possible to properly render MP3 tags, but completely botch FLAC tags?!
3. The device is controlled mostly through touches and swipes on its touchscreen. But the layout and the behavior of the swipes defies all logic.
* Swipes have to be performed in proper parts of the screen, but these parts are not marked in any way. One has to learn to do it blindly. * In some places sweeping right-to-left scrolls screens forward, but sweeping left-to-right does NOT scroll screens in reverse direction. Instead, it performs some other action or opens some completely unexpected out-of-order screen. * Normal "fast" swipe speed (the one we are used to in our smartphones) is too fast for this device. Most of the time one has to swipe much sloooower for this device to register it. And so on...
Trying to learn to use swipes on this device is utterly frustrating. And even after that in about one-third of the cases it will do something different from what one wanted it to do. One analogy that comes to mind when trying to use this device is that office prank when someone switches around mouse, monitor and keyboard connectors between multiple adjacent computers. Trying to use the user interface if this player feels exactly like that: it feels like you are being a victim of such prank. It feels like the device is responding to someone else's commands.
4. For some reason, starting playback right after connecting BT headphones makes this player to choke, go silent, make some more choking sounds and then go silent for good. One has to stop and restart playback in order for it to play it properly. This happens almost every time.
5. "BT receiver" function is listed on the main screen, while "BT transmitter" function is hidden inside settings menu. Why??? This is a compact "sport" player. 9 out of 10 users of this device will want to use its BT function to play music to their BT headphones while exercising. They need "BT transmitter" function. And aside from some statistical anomaly, nobody will use this device as a "BT receiver". What is "BT receiver" entry doing on the main screen? "BT transmitter" has to be accessible from the main screen, not the other way around.
Incidentally, many of these issues have already been reported to Fiio through their support forum at least one or two years ago (easily to find on the Net). These reports are usually followed by Fiio response about forwarding the matter to the engineers. But, despite the latest firmware, the issues are still there.
I purchased this on October 11, 2020. For the month that it worked, it played music well for its price, and the battery life took me through 1 day of work after every charge. Today it began to malfunction, and I could no longer navigate the menus to select my music properly. After testing for about and hour I discovered that it is a hardware issue with the touch screen itself since the software is perfectly fine, if you touch the screen in precise spots, and music can still be played at the same quality it was the day I opened it. The touchscreen issue makes it a chore to try and get it to work properly, so its no longer worth keeping. My issue could be a one off, but I also read about someone having similar touch screen issues with the Fiio M6, so I'm not confident in buying this again or buying another Fiio product. However if you do decide to get one and it doesn't suffer from the same touch screen issue, it's a good device that did exactly what i needed it to do.