Top critical review
Somewhat works but functions are limited
Reviewed in Australia on 10 November 2020
I am using the device for about a month and I am not 100% happy about it. My concerns are:
1. I have never been able to make audio jack to work. It just does not. Tried different headphones and different setting - fruitless. No new audio device shows up in device manager.
2. When it plugged in the computer would not turn on. I need to plug it out, boot the computer and then plug it in. However, it reboots fine when plugged in.
3. When power supply is connected to the dedicated port it just stops working as if it plugged out, after unplugging usb-c chrger - back to normal.
4. The SD and micro-SD card slots recognized as disks even if they are empty. I had to manually dedicate letter "O" and "P" to those, so that other peripherals I use more often would be assigned as E, F, or G.
5. HDR does not work over HDMI from the dock station, (I use external 3880x1440 HDR display) however, if a display connected USB-C->HDMI, HDR works,
These are small annoying thinks that makes the purchase a waste of money and spoils the entire impression of the unit, which looks really cool. If the manufacturer could possibly provide a proper drivers, this would have solved the problem I suppose, but I cannot find any in internet...
I use it with ASUS dual screen laptop - pretty modern one with thunderbolt 3 capabilities, therefore the hardware non-compliance in not the case.
Thank you for reading that,