To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness.
This is an excellent Laptop. It’s nice, well done an elegant. I’ve updated it to Win 10 Pro. At the beginning was getting hot like a potatoes but after install all the drivers and update the Bios is cool and running Normal. It’s Software is very useful. I passed some exhaustive test: cpu, gpu, ram and disk and have muscle to be among the first ones. I’m very happy with my investment. As I said it’s my first windows Laptop to use it in Astro Photography. I use to work in Imaging Editing and this little girl can do all my work. It’s a Rizen 9 with 16GB.
I've been on the hunt for a good laptop and it was really hard to decided until I saw this monster. The power of this laptop, coupled with the fact that it's so small and portable makes it the ultimate laptop in my opinion. The purpose of getting a laptop is portability, and typically gaming laptops are gigantic and bulky making it awkward to transport.
Pros: - Light, portable - Metal Frame - Great keyboard layout - Incredible monitor - Handles any game I throw at it, at maximum graphics. I've played Eve Online, Destiny, Rogue Company, Leagues of Legends, and World of Warships with 0 issues. - Great for video editting
Cons: - Gets hot, which is understandable because POWER!!! - Personally I'd like 1 more USB port but that's me being needy, it does have the USB C Ports
If you're looking for a gaming laptop and portability is important to you, get this one.
I never write reviews, so when I received an offer from ASUS stating that if I reviewed their product I could get an extra 90 days on my warranty I was initially not going to do so.
But, honestly - I've already reviewed this thing so many times to my friends and family it's silly not just do the same here.
Simply put, I've been waiting for a laptop like this for a LONG time.
1. This thing is stupid-powerful for its size. I run the gamut from gaming to developing, to 3d work with blender. I've only had good experiences so far. The Keyboard is pleasant enough that I've installed a software KVM just so I can use it on my desktop. Coming from a 1060 on my desktop, I wasn't quite prepared how quickly this thing can render, it's basically got my old DESKTOP beat in every way execept RAM, but hey - that's upgradeable too.
2. The speakers are insane. Seriously, they're great for immersion in game, or just grooving out to tunes, they get loud enough to *feel*, not just hear.
3. No bloat - the PC comes preinstalled with actually useful software, not something I can say about any of the laptops I've ever bought. If you want to tinker to get the best performance it's actually pretty easy.
4. No webcam - I've never seen a laptop webcam that actually looked good. Going without it makes so much sense to me. The bad:
1. The backlight on the keyboard is basically useless - I've seen other reviewers echo this fact, but the one saving grace is -- even at minimum brightness, in a dark or dimly room you'll have no problem seeing the keys if the backlight is off. When it's on, it just washes out any chance of knowing what you're pressing due to the raised keys bleeding off more light than the letters let through.
2. No ethernet port -- yeah donglelife is fine, but it's about the only thing missing IMO.
3. Heat - this thing can get uncomfortably hot, enough to make you think "my god, is it supposed to be this hot?" There's a quick reg-edit fix to enable alternative power modes though, which will both substantially increase your battery life, but also make the whole laptop run cooler - it'd be nice if this was done by default, but it takes 2 minutes to enable, and really knocks this thing out of the park.
I was honestly so exstatic about mine, that I got one for my father as well, he'd spent a few years "not interested" in games (read: he had a crap computer) - but now I catch him online almost every night playing battlefield.
I was stuck between this and one of those new m1 macs. I'm so happy I didn't go with the apple, and the associated apple-tax. This machine proves there's so much more bang for the buck to be had on PC, pretty much always.
All in all, it's just a damn nice laptop with a few unsubstantial flaws.
Everything about this product so far is great, from the aesthetics of the box it came in and the presentation, to the looks and performance it presents. This is my travel gaming computer and I know it will do anything I need it to. It's a good temporary gaming pc for when I'm away from my r7 3700x/RTX 2080 desktop.
Just got my pc.. opened it - box incloud only a power supply..,and did some first configurations. Delivery was quick,about a week! PC look great and first configurations and impression of working with it went great! Only wish packed came with more features..like an ethernet dongle,or a leptop sleeve or something. All and all I'm happy with this purchase and with amazon service!
runs great- should last a long time - all the latest hardware. no cam- big deal- who needs it- add one if you do. the baclit keys are fine - who keeps crying about them? love this laptop- btw did i say it's fast too......
Where do i even start? Well first, i absolutely love how compact this laptop is. Its a 14 inch laptop which quite rare of a laptop. Gaming performance is excellent too and the build quality is astonishing. The only problem with this is how loud the laptop gets, i would turn the settings down to silent so that nobody can hear the noise at all while doing school work or attending college classes