Top critical review
Needs a firmware update
Reviewed in Australia on 5 November 2020
I bought this to use for exercising so I didn't have to carry or hold my phone. The publicity shows it being used for exercise and it had a stopwatch function which I consider necessary.
It is a great little player at a good price and I wasn't expecting something amazing but this has a few issues that need to be resolved.
1. It doesn't recognize the headset controls other than play and stop. Not a big deal but it would be good if it could be controlled from the headset.
2. Songs play twice. When choosing a folder to play or playing music all songs play twice before moving on to the next song.
3. If the forward key is pressed and help the song repeats. If it is pressed and held again it plays the next song.
4. If you are using the stopwatch function you have to leave the music to play so the stopwatch can be operated. If you leave the stopwatch running and go back to the music the stopwatch is stopped and reset. When using the stopwatch the keys do not control the music although the headset will stop and play. (No fast forward or repeat)
That means that if you are exercising and using the stopwatch you need to listen to each song play twice.
5. The bluetooth is not as good as my three year old phone but good enough. Has minor drop outs.
It would be ideal to be able to use the stopwatch and skip tracks with the music but maybe that is asking too much??
Acceptable for the price but needs a firmware update to fix some things.